Balanced Payments Plan
A Balanced Payment Plan offers the benefits of a fixed monthly payment, however unlike Hire Purchase, where the interest is fixed, Balanced Payments tracks the changes in the finance house base rate, LIBOR or bank base, depending on the agreement. As rates fall or rise over the period of the contract, so does the interest charge you pay.
How does it work?
You pay an initial deposit and pay the balance in fixed monthly instalments over an agreed term (12-60 months). At the end of the term any variation of interest is reconciled and will be settled as either a credit to you, or a charge. Other options available with Balanced Payment Plan include a deferred final ‘balloon’ payment.
The benefits of Balanced Payment Plan
- Flexible - reducing interest penalty options for early settlement
- Low deposit - doesn't tie up cash reserves
- Fixed monthly payment - perfect for budgeting
- Tax benefits - Tax allowances for business users
- Potential savings - save if interest rates fall
- VAT free - no VAT on payments
The minimum advance for an individual is £25,000, based on a business user declaration but any level is available for limited companies.